2.18.2009

His precious treasure: Us

[…With one arm gently wrapped around her, he reads from an oversized storybook propped up in her lap. Slumped over against his shoulder, she is turned toward him with the top of her precious head resting against the side of his face. She can't walk or sit up straight, and offers only an occasional groan. She's just sitting there unresponsive, seemingly oblivious, as dad dutifully reads her a story, alternating his voice to impersonate the different characters.

[…she sits spellbound gazing into his face with her mouth slightly open with a smile. He's glued to the book; she's glued to him. What does she see? What does she feel? She seems so content and peaceful, at home really, resting her head against daddy's face, receiving his love. Then again, that's all she can do. She's not even capable of reciprocating her father's love, and yet I can see she is his most precious treasure…]

...excerpts from the book Divine Nobodies by Jim Palmer.

It seems I hear God's word clearer when I have been in an extended slump...when I cant seem to do anything right, have let people down, acted like a prima dona, cant keep my dishes washed or laundry off the floor.. flopping on the couch and hiding undercover from the world...I somehow still feel the warmth of His cheek and the sound of His voice telling me stories, and the comforting beat of His heart.

I pray and wish this for you too.

We have a God who just wants to Love us, and if anything, what He wants from us is to take comfort from and trust in Him.

Peace
Keren

No comments: