12.01.2007

Joy - Expect the Unexpected

This is sort of an addendum to this post. I re-read it and decided it sounds a little cranky, but it is not intended that way.
*********
The season of advent is about paying attention, being aware, being expectant, preparing for the coming of the savior, the second coming of Christ, etc.
I totally believe in the blessing of centering prayer and reflecting on experience and I practice these myself in groups and alone.
There is a time and a place for everything. However...Interruptions may not be desired but be aware and awake that the greater cause of the interupption may be calling you to a new and wonderful place....or maybe it is just some happy loud-mouth, but you might make a new friend! Here is the original post.
**********
Have you ever felt really good, full of joy, exuberant even, for absolutely no reason at all?

Have you ever been told "shhhhhh" while you are feeling this way?

Have you ever had this feeling of exuberance and inadvertently brought yourself and your joy into a room where people are are quietly and reverently discussing our journey toward God?

"Sssshhhhhhhh, we are reflecting!" aka "Silence your joy so we can try to use silence to find ours".....huh?

I think children get rebuked this way often. Nothing wrong with silent reflection and I encourage it, but joy and exuberance need to be recognised too.

Today begins the season of Advent. Wake up, look around..something wonderful is coming. It can happen!

Peace and Joy and Love
Keren

3 comments:

Anne said...

Keren, your description of Advent makes me think about how I would like to live in this kind of awareness and expectancy, reflection and joy, all year round. And yes, we need the freedom to express our joy just as much as silent spaces for reflection, and both joy and reflection should bring acceptance of each!

Keren said...

Yes - and if God is experiencing everything simultaneously through and with us...would'nt some suprises be welcome from time to time, and maybe even found in a food trough ... hmmmm "trough" seems to be a combination of through and rough.

I dont know... this is another of my rambling sessions...but I Love you and your response.
Peace and love
Keren

Marilyn Ruth said...

I liked this post. Thanks, Keren. :)