12.20.2007

Love people even in...



"Love people even in their sin, for that is the semblance of Divine Love and is the highest love on earth. Love all of God's creation, the whole and every grain of sand of it. Love every leaf, every ray of God's light. Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love."

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

(photo by {Blue})

3 comments:

Keren said...

OOOO. This quote is inspiring and beautiful.

I sooo love the little I know about Dostoyevsky. I think it is in the book - The brothers Karamazov -where someone is dying and has the most wonderful revelations in his heart of Love inside him.

Loving EVERYTHING doesnt really seem possible though for most of us.

I have a very close friend whom I consider my daughter...who is ANGRY and wounded right now. Something very close to her heart and someone close to her was vandalized...desecrated.

Ive been struggling with and meditating on how I can help her out of her anger. I have felt inadequate and that the situation is helpless.

Reading this quote made me realise that what may be called for is for me to love her anger, her woundedness.

Love it for the natural instinct it is. Embrace it and caress it in my heart like I would anything that is helpless...anything that is beautiful, however poignant.

Peace
Keren

Anne said...

Keren, you always share from deep in your soul, and I so appreciate that (and you). I'm thinking of your friend. It seems sometimes that our emotions travel on a similar course as childbearing (or death?), and we labor through the different stages until we can birth love and peace in our hearts. Perhaps some anger is meant to inspire us to change the world...but then it must evolve into something else, mustn't it?

Keren said...

Thanks Anne your nice words always make me feel good and inspire me too!
You have a certain way with people and situations!

I love what you said about childbearing and death, and you are right, Anger (Bad feelings) must and will evolve into something else...I believe everything will return to Love at some point...why not let it happen now.

Have a great day.

Peace
Keren