4.03.2008

Hope - Looking for the Promised Land

I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on the way. ~ Carl Sandburg

Im looking for a service ministry to join. One thing I like about being Catholic is there are many opportunities to be part of ministries at least in the churches I am familiar with. Sometimes it is hard for people who work full time to fit it in, I suppose this is why most people in ministries at church are retired.

I like being a part of a team. I like working together with people towards a common goal. I recently resigned from a ministry I participated in for the past 3-4 years in one way or another. I miss it. I know it sounds wishywashy, but I wish they would have asked me to stay and I probably would have even if only in a smaller role. It hurts to feel like you are not needed or not wanted - easily dismissed and forgotten.

I'm ready to be called to another ministry God. Please heavenly Father, send somebody to help me find a good place for me to be - maybe somebody will just ask me to join a particular ministry...I can always hope. Maybe I will have to just go visit several groups before I click with one.

I dunno, I may join something outside of the church. I havent decided. I am considering all options.

I consider this Love site a ministry. It is a priviledge to participate in spreading the Love even in small ways, in every way we can.

Also - today is the 40th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. His ministry continues in the good he did, and the lives he changed, in his books and speaches and in our memories of him. His work for peace and justice continues.

Happy Friday!
Peace
Keren

4 comments:

Erin said...

Keren, you're so faithful in posting here...I have to admit sometimes I forget, and sometimes one blog is all I can manage...but thank you for always being here. I'm going to try to keep up with it more consistently, because you're right, it is a ministry.

I love reading some of Dr. King's sermons...they seem so beyond their time, and still so appropriate today.

I pray God will shine a light on your path towards the thing you are to do next.

Keren said...

Thanks Erin !! - Your blogs are always wonderful but I know you have a lot more on your plate. This is the only place I blog and I dont have kids so I probably have alot more time than our others bloggers. It is fun for me and it is kind of a therapy for me in a way too and if even the tiniest bit of Love or connection of some sort comes out of it that is wonderful.

I also comment on Jim's Myspace.com/divinenobodies and that is about it. I was invited to blog on another site but havent yet.

Peace
Have a wonderful weekend.
Keren

Kevin Beck said...

Keren,
We're all needed and wanted. Sometimes just not where we want to be.

For what it's worth, I only know you from your online posts, but I think you're awesome. Your words come from the heart and I believe that makes all the difference.

I pray that you find peace in the eternal now. And I ask that you'll pray the same for me.

Warmly,
Kevin

Keren said...

Thanks Kevin. I needed that! I need the prayers too! Let's do pray for peace in the eternal now for eachother.

Peace
Keren