4.24.2008

Love Remix

Pardon me while I engage in some "self promotion." But I just published an article called "1Corinthians 13: Greatest Gift Remix." It starts like this:


Y’all want to go viral with the next big thing. You’re uploading the monuments to yourself onto YouTube. You’re hoping that a publisher discovers the genius of your manuscript. You’ve been working on the best damn praise band in the land.

That’s all cool. You’re striving for great gifts. Yet I will show you a still more excellent way.

If my album goes platinum, but don’t have love, I’m an out of tune guitar or a clanging cymbal.
If I’m the smartest guy in the room, and understand all mysteries and have all knowledge, but don’t have love, I’m a big zero.

~~~
You can read the rest on the Presence site.

4 comments:

Keren said...

Kevin that is so awesomme. I read it twice and am going to print it out. It is all great, but what made me laugh out loud

What’s cutting edge today is brown shag carpet tomorrow.

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson.."It is funny because it is true!"


Peace and Love you lots Kevin!
Keren

P.S Your Presence site is great! I will visit more later but what i saw was awesome!

Kevin Beck said...

Karen,
Thanks for reading it and for the kind words. The line about the brown shag carpet made me laugh too. It's so funny...how we put so much stock in what is so fleeting. Love, though, never fails. I'll hold on to that.

Anne said...

Love the writing Kevin! I just Twittered about it. My pastor talks like the way you write. I think he mentioned us being apprentices or Padawans to Jesus last Sunday. I'll have to share your writing with him.

Anne said...

P.S. Have you submitted this to theooze.com?