4.15.2008

Love / Hanging In There!

Following is from Richard Rohr's daily meditation today.....
"You could say that the greater opposites you can hold together, the greater soul you usually have.

By temperament, most of us prefer one side to the other. Only a few dare to hold the irresolvable tension in the middle.

It is the "folly" of the cross, where you cannot "prove" you are right, but only "hang" between the good and the bad thieves of every issue, paying the price for their reconciliation (see Luke 23:39 ff.). from Hope Against Darkness

(Keren's side note) Not saying I have a great soul, but the above so describes something I just went through this past couple of months. I paid the price for reconcilliation of an issue by hanging powerless between the two thieves inside of myself (fear and self-righteousness). It all began with a needed kick in the seat of the pants! I much better understand our redemption!

With regard to tension: I believe that tension is necessary for growth. A little tension can prevent stagnation may be another way to look at it.

I dont believe in irresolvable or unresolvable tension if there is even a speck of Love hanging in there with it.

I heard Richard Rohr at my wonderful church a few years ago, great speaker, even my Him was inspired.

Peace Keren

1 comment:

Keren said...

I posted this earlier this morning and then edited it a lunch. I like it better now.

Peace
Keren