3.19.2009

Lent 2009: Day 23

Lenten Journey through the Spiritual Alphabet
Psalm 119, Sustainable Love

Lamedh (part 1)
Your word, LORD, stands forever;
it is firm as the heavens.
Through all generations your truth endures;
fixed to stand firm like the earth.
By your edicts they stand firm to this day,
for all things are your servants.
Had your teaching not been my delight,
I would have perished in my affliction.
I will never forget your precepts;
through them you give me life.
*****

Six days before Passover Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.

They gave a dinner for him there, and Martha served, while Lazarus was one of those reclining at table with him.

Mary took a liter of costly perfumed oil made from genuine aromatic nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and dried them with her hair;

the house was filled with the fragrance

(excerpt John 12)

No comments: