3.19.2009

Lent 2009: Day 24 (a little early)

Lenten Journey through the Spiritual Alphabet
Psalm 119, Sustainable Love

Lamedh (part 2)

I am yours; save me,
for I cherish your precepts.
The wicked hope to destroy me,
but I pay heed to your decrees.
I have seen the limits of all perfection,
but your command is without bounds.

*****


I am troubled now. Yet what should I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But it was for this purpose that I came to this hour...

....I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness.
And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world.

*
Fear no more, O daughter Zion; see, your king comes, seated upon an ass's colt."

(Excerpts John12)

No comments: