3.24.2009

Lent 2009: Day 28

A Lenten Journey Through the Spiritual Alphabet
Psalm 119

Nun (part 2)

My life is always at risk,
but I do not forget your teaching.
The wicked have set snares for me,
but from your precepts I do not stray.
Your decrees are my heritage forever;
they are the joy of my heart.
My heart is set on fulfilling your laws;
they are my reward forever.

*****

Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.
"I have told you this while I am with you.
The Advocate, the holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name-
-he will teach you everything and remind you of all that (I) told you.

Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.

(excerpt John 14)

No comments: