3.06.2009

Lent 2009: Day 10

Lenten Journey through the Spiritual Alphabet
Psalm 119, Sustainable Love

He (part 2)
Avert my eyes from what is worthless;
by Your way give me life.
For your servant fulfill your promise
made to those who fear you.
Turn away from me the taunts I dread,
for your edicts bring good.
See how I long for your precepts;
in your justice give me life.

*****

Only through forgiveness and understanding do I find Your Way.
Help me know when it is time to kick the dust off my feet from useless pursuits.

The gifts You have given us have the potential to bring good to all of Your children.
I too am good enough to bear your gifts,
everywhere and at all times, not only under certain conditions.

All good works from the heart I do, I know it is not me, but You, doing the good work through me.

When criticized and negatively judged for giving with my heart,
Teach me to know it is ultimately You they are judging, not me.

I know you forgive and understand without hesitation, give me Your Way (please).

No comments: